Monday, February 22, 2010

Can a person with healthy hair get a wave perm AND a color the same day?

I know a wave will drain the color and I've been grey since 17 or so, consequently I color my hair (actually my husband does, but anyway) I don't want to go around with white or grey hair for 2 weeks, so can both be done at the same time? Thanks and God bless.Can a person with healthy hair get a wave perm AND a color the same day?
No. Color your hair first. Wait two weeks, and let a professional set your permanent wave. Tell the stylist that you color treat your hair. He or she will need to use a perm that is safe for color treated hair. Good luck :)Can a person with healthy hair get a wave perm AND a color the same day?
I cant speak for all brands but I use Matrix in my salon and I have a few clients who do both in the same day. You just have to make sure that you do the perm first, maybe a little tighter than wave that is desired. (The wave could possibly loosen a little, since you will not be waiting the recommended 48 hours before shampooing again). Also, you have to use a demi permanent color that will deposit on the grey, but that does not contain peroxide in its developer. It is not a good idea to do a perm and a color with peroxide in the same day. I hope that helps. =)
no it will dry out your hair and cause breakage..

No comments:

Post a Comment