Friday, February 26, 2010

How can I maintain healthy hair?

My hair is already thick and long. I dye it a few shades darker every 3 months and I straighten it 2 or 3 times a week, depending on if I leave it naturally curly or not. I used Nexuss or Garnier shampoo/conditioner and I almost never use any product in my hair (gel, hairspray, ect)





Any tips on maintaining healthy hair? Diet, products, ect?





ThanksHow can I maintain healthy hair?
massage your scalp to make hair grow longer, brush it a lot, dont put your hands in it all the timeHow can I maintain healthy hair?
Okay heres some tips:





1. NEVER use a brush, use a comb.. brushes give you split ends.


2. Use a nickel sized amount of shine serum (I like Paul Mitchell's Super Skinny Serum, expensive but it lasts forever) and smooth it into your hair before you blow dry or straighten, it gives you shiny, frizz-free hair and protects it from the heat. Just make sure you don't put too much closer to your roots as it will make your hair look greasy.


3. Use a detangler spray (Infusium works amazingly) and put it in your hair before you go to bed or right after you shower, it will make it easier to comb through your hair in the morning.


4. I would recommend using a strengthening shampoo (Tresemme works well if your not willing to spend too much but I completely recommend using Paul Mitchell Super Strong, it is AMAZING!!).





Hope I could help, this is what I do and my hair has improved amazingly!
Try not to apply too much heat to your hair because you'll get split ends and it will look damaged. If you apply a lot of heat, there are some products that you can spray on your hair to prevent heat damage. Dying your hair also damages it. I've heard that some foods that contain ';good'; fat can help you maintain healthy hair like avocados.
Use a multivitamin and Pantene restoratives conditioner. I used to use biologe and nexuss humectress, but pantene restoratives conditioner is so much better (and cheaper). Biosilk silk therapy serum also makes hair look so healthy and shiny without weighing it down. It smells awesome too.
I would say not to use chemicals on your hair.Why don't you go for some home remedies. Egg whites, lemon juice, oil massages, reducing stress and diet changes can reduce hair fall and make it healthier.You can find more cheap, effective and natural home remedies for hair loss as well as for healthy hair at http://www.wellnesstalk.org/hairfall.htm鈥?/a>
try leaving the conditioner in for a while and drink lots of water. maybe even cut back on straighting your hair, i used to do that but then i started to get split ends so i do it less often.
try a deep conditioning hair mask. Also use a dye with conditioner in it. Eating vitamins and maintaining a healthy diet helps 2
In my opinion Pantene is the best hair product, i would go with that.
I bought these healthy hair and nail vitamins and they are amazing! Just go to your local health food store
take a multi-vitamin

No comments:

Post a Comment