Sunday, February 28, 2010

How do you get healthy hair?

Okay, so technically you can't really have ';healthy hair'; but how can you at least get hair that appears healthy? For example celebrities have that gorgeous hair: glossy, silky, and virtually split-end-free. How can one achieve that kind of hair? I have medium thick, long, slightly wavy, dark brown hair. It's also highlighted honey-blonde and becomes greasy if I don't wash it, so I blow dry and straighten my hair basically everyday because I can't stand it's natural look, [[which I think looks worse than when it's straightened]] and because I simply don't have the time for it to air dry or anything. Can anyone please help me with this problem hair? I'd love to have hair like Vanessa Anne Hudgens, Miley Cyrus, or Rachel Bilson.How do you get healthy hair?
Go easy on the heat tools, it fries your hair. Use a deep conditioning treatment at least once a week on your ends. It will be tough at first, but if you shampoo only every other day it will get better and easier to airdry or style your hair without the heat tools. That made the biggest difference in growing my hair out long and healthy.How do you get healthy hair?
you wash it
condition it.... and shampoo every other time. also trim your deads and splits every 4-6 weeks
Use head and shoulders it works for me
Stop highlighting, wash regularly, deep condition, eat healthfully, lots of exercise!!! Get it professionally straightened so you can stop blow drying so much! And don't forget to trim regularly.
Heat styling and blow drying can make hair more dry. Use a super absorbent hair towel (ex. Aquis or The Body Shop) to minimize time needed to blow dry.





Use a deep conditioner as needed. Joico K-Pak conditioner is excellent. You can use it every day or as a hair mask. Joico also makes K-Pak shampoo which is good for dry hair.





Use a wide toothed comb after shampooing to remove tangles and start from the bottom working your way up gently. Dry hair can be brittle so treat it gently and do not brush it while it is wet.





Avoid styling products with a high alcohol content (ex. hair spray) and use a heat protection product before blow drying or styling.





Kiehl's Silk Groom or jojoba oil are good. They can add a little texture while conditioning your hair.
Try using a ';treatment'; once a week. Make sure to buy one your hairdresser recommends.
use mayoneise
be natural





no blowdries , hair dyes or hair straighteneres





get a trim every 2-3mos at least or less i think
Don't blow dry or iron it...





Condition, condition, condition.





That's it :D
celebrity hair appears that wayy..they use straighteners and stuff but you can talkk to your hair salon what shampoo is best for your hair
Ok well first off, they spend lots of money achieving those styles. If you ever see candid photo's they don't really look like that. Second, everyone's hair becomes greasy if they don't wash it. If you want beautiful full perfect hair, I suggest you get up at the crack of dawn every morning and go see a hair stylist.
All I know is my hair looks much better since I've started taking fish oil and flaxseed oil. My skin looks better too, but that's besides the point. Anyway, I take the recommended amount on the bottle and I get complements all the time. You should try it.





Also, I think straightening your hair everyday might be bad for it but that's just a guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment