Friday, February 26, 2010

How do you get shiny/silky/healthy hair?

Please? My hair goes through phases of becoming very dry and dull. Then becomes shiny and soft. Its odd. Are there any ways to get it like this all the time? Other than eating healthy foods. I just started this. Thank you :)How do you get shiny/silky/healthy hair?
try hair oil; it really works! put it on at nite before bed and wake up and shampoo it off. usually coconut hair oil works the best but try others to suit ur hairHow do you get shiny/silky/healthy hair?
I do this every so often when my hair starts looking dull.


Buy a jar of real mayo (no light, no fat free, no miracle whip).


Massage all over ends of hair, when all of the ends are covered massage up through strands but avoiding the scalp as much as possible (to prevent it from looking oily).


Leave on for at least 30 minutes. Rinse well with water. Shampoo twice, and then condition as usual. Let hair air dry.


It will be shiny, soft, and silky.





Hair serums, shine serums, etc do not repair hair. They are chemicals that make the hair appear healthier to the naked eye but actually damage hair underneath. In the long run, using serums on your hair does more damage than good.
Loads of people are gonna name products, e.g. Loreal and Pantene, but after a while your hair can become immune to products so they're not a long-lasting solution!





Eating loads of fruit and veg and drinking your 8 glasses of water a day (well, I try to but don't always drink that much!) can really really help you. (Sorry, I just realised you said other than eating healthy foods...)





Anyway, I use shampoo and conditioner by Faith in Nature - it's all natural and I've found my hair loves it, and (touch wood!) still responds to it, if you get me. As in, the shampoo and conditioners still work on my hair and make it lovely :)





If you do want to use other products that aren't all natural, try to change them every month or so, so that your hair doesn't get used to them and stop responding :)





Oh, and Aussie leave-in conditioner is great!





Hope that helped. Good luck!
Ok, this may sound really weird but you could put mayo in your hair. I am miss teen new england and all the pageant girls do it a couple days before because it keeps it soft for a while.





Or i use ,Super Skinny Serum by Paul Mitchel. Its not a lot of money and it keeps static away and makes your hair so silky smooth and not greasy! i highly recommend it :)





let me know if you decide to try! GOOD LUCK! :)
I started using a leave in conditioner and I love it. It keeps my hair looking shiny and healthy





Hope this Helps
make sure that your hair is always moisturized and hair serums are good for shine.
pantene
avoid heat and products

No comments:

Post a Comment