Saturday, February 20, 2010

What should I do to have a healthy hair?

My hair is really dry and I'm so tired of seeing myself in the mirror with this kind of hair. It seems that everday is a bad hair day for me. My hair is elbow long. I had it treated twice or thrice I think. After each treatment, my hair looks so amazing but it went back on it's old same dry hair after a couple of months. What should I do? Please help me. Thank you.What should I do to have a healthy hair?
Generally, having healthy hair requires eating the right kind of foods, not using heat appliances on it, using a comb or brush that is less likely to damage the hair, and not coloring or perming it.





If your hair is to your elbows chances are the hair has been around long enough and has been combed and treated to the point where it was damaged. The right conditioner can usually help, especially one of the products a hairdresser can offer. There are also hot oil treatments you can do yourself, if you can't be going to the hairdresser for treatments.





While plenty of people have dry hair, sometimes hair that looks dry is really just damaged. Sometimes, too, when hair is coarse or frizzy it looks dry because it doesn't have as much sheen to it as super-straight hair. Are you sure your hair is really dry and not just either curly or damaged?





Other than getting it treated or using conditioning products on it, I honestly don't think there's much you can do if you know that the hair isn't damaged. Again, though, with hair that long there's a good chance its just damaged. You could trim 4'; or so off it, which wouldn't be too drastic and which may get rid of some damaged hair.





Once that much grows back trim it again. Eventually, you'll have a head of newer hair.





You may want to do a search for foods that may help make hair healthier or oilier. (Not to compare you to a dog, but our dog breeder recommended raw eggs to keep our Collie's coat shiny.)





I just know that even though I have really healthy hair, I comb it and spray it so much that the ends gets really damaged and dry/brittle looking. I just keep trimming off the oldest hair, which leaves only the healthy, newer, hair.What should I do to have a healthy hair?
Well, I'm assuming you do a lot to it.


Some quick tips are:


Wet your hair with plain water before you go swimming.


Dry your hair off a bit with a towel before applying your conditioner, since the water in your hair works as a barrier against the conditioner.


Get a shampoor and conditioner for color-treated hair.


Stop dying/straightening/curling it so much. There are plenty of low-matinance hairstyles.
Taking an omega 3 supplement could really help too. I have naturally dry hair and skin and I take a multi vitamin plus omega 3's and I almost feel like my hair gets oily now if I don't wash it daily. Get a good conditioner for every wash. I like biolage and aussie moist, for emergengy softness and shine aussie three minute miracle is great too. If you would consider it shorter hair tends to maintain better moisture content. Also try a leave in conditioner for the ends or the lower half of your hair. Shine spray really disguises the look of dry hair and puts the luster back into damaged hair. Bedhead has a good one.
this is what i do...





at least once a week i use oil in my hair....cocunut oil...so i really soak it up with oil..but it up for a few hours...and then wash it...really moisturises my hair...the trick is to ensure your scalp is oiled up well





alternatively i use a little bit of olive oil after washing my hair (i wash my hair like every 2 days, sometimes more)..this adds a little shine to it as well..
take in lots or PROTEIN :)

No comments:

Post a Comment