Saturday, February 20, 2010

What ingredients should I avoid in shampoos and conditioners for healthy hair to buy say @ wal-mart?

I twirl and twist my hair ALOT it is dry and breaks easily, I want it to be healthy and soft and grow but it just aint happening, I drink lots of water I do the protein treatments,but....HELP!What ingredients should I avoid in shampoos and conditioners for healthy hair to buy say @ wal-mart?
Edens Body work has all natural ingredients,it's sold at wal-mart.Edens Body work may be in the Ethnic hair aisle it's good stuff.What ingredients should I avoid in shampoos and conditioners for healthy hair to buy say @ wal-mart?
More natural the better- this is what I go by and it helps:


avoid lauryl sulfates (its an extremely wearing on your hair), and pretty much anything that you cant understand. A good indicator of a good shampoo is with hydrolyzed ingredients, like Burt's bees (10$). There's also more affordable natural products at walmart cant remember the name but itll run you 5$ a piece (not bad).





The more natural ones wont feel as good initially, but throughout the day I notice less buildup and smoother hair. It only doesnt feel as smooth in the shower because it doesnt have all the dimethicone and crap in it.





But conditioner wise- stick to a regular one thats rich in conditioning agents





Try the one at walmart, its called like natural something in a white bottle, or Burt's bees Raspberry %26amp; Brazil nut.





ps/. avoiding dimethicones and all that also prevents buildup on your back, in extreme cases back acne, if that is ever an issue...
look at labels and avoid alcohol, you will be surprised how many of the conditioners have alcohol in them





herbal essences has some new moisturizing ones in blue bottles with green caps, they work very well

No comments:

Post a Comment