Saturday, February 20, 2010

Do I have to use salon products to have healthy hair?

So my hair is normal (not too dry or oily) and slightly wavy. I use products from Aussie shampoo and conditioner, Herbal Essences split end treatment, etc. I think my hair is as healthy as the average girl's hair... But some say you have to use salon products to have healthy hair... True?Do I have to use salon products to have healthy hair?
I don't think anyone needs to use salon products to achieve healthy hair. I know a lot of people who use Suave and V05 and they have gorgeous shiny bouncy hair. I, on the other hand, have tried every drugstore hair product on the Earth. Each time I end up with dry frizzy stuff on my head. I use Biolage conditioners and Giovanni shampoos because they are sulfate free and they don't dry out my hair. I'm unlucky enough to have to buy expensive salon stuff, but if your hair is okay with what you use then why pay for a name brand?Do I have to use salon products to have healthy hair?
I never used a salon product ever in my life and my hairdresser always comments on how soft, shiny, and healthy my hair is for being so long and curly/wavy. So its not true.





I definitely don't use that crap they call Pantene. When I did my hair started coming out and I stopped using it and the hair loss stopped. I only use Burt's Bees shampoos and conditioners now, they are better for your hair, they don't have those drying chemicals in it.
No. Absolutely not. A lot of drugstore brands like Pantene match up to salon brands, and they're definitely my personal choice over anything used in my salon. Although extremely damaged hair will need some more expensive and often salon quality brands and products to fix.
Definately not. Infact, some say drug store products are better than the expensive brands. Pantene is one of the best products in the market right now. I recommend that anyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment